"You should be a stripper...because you english is real good."

Monday, September 12, 2005

H-h-h-health C-c-c-conscious

Up until about a couple of years ago I really had no regard for the food I was eating. I would consume almost any damn thing that was simple, tasty, and made a nice firm turd. I really think my concern for what was in my food and how it was produced manifested once I became more involved in the preparation of my own food and became more informed about the agriculture industry and their chemical solutions that harm the environment as well as human health. Working in a hospital environment you see a lot of the common health problems that stem from one's diet. The number of heart catheterizations that occur in one day in just this town would simply amaze you. People just stuff their arteries full of butter, sour cream, ribeyes, and pork rinds on Monday, and get put on the operating table to get themselves cleaned out on Wednesday. While this is not always the cause of the need for a heart cath, it is still a major cause of this sad vicious cycle that we press upon ourselves.

I once had a co-worker at another job who just ate atrociously. His health was quickly deteriorating, and was diagnosed with diabetes along with becoming ill and missing work all the time. I asked him why he doesn't improve his diet and he said, "God has a plan for us all." What the hell kind of crap answer is that?!? I answered, "God also gave you a brain to make decisions of your own", but in a mind that closed not many new ideas can get in.

Open your faces people and let it in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Cunningham said...

is it sperm?

2:51 PM

 
Blogger one happy gal said...

Amen brother, I couldn't agree more but the grip of advertising is strong and organic bread and broccoli is not spending money to promote itself so we gotta depend on ye olde word of mouth to get out the message.

5:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home