"You should be a stripper...because you english is real good."

Monday, October 17, 2005

Good Deed for the Day

I was checking my garden in the back yard for ripe tomatoes today as I walked closer a rabbit saw me and ran towards the fence. It turned to look at me and I stopped and stared back. It then made a stupid move and tried to climb through the fence. It got stuck on its hind legs and began to shake and scream violently trying to free itself. The screaming sort of freaked me out and I am still shaking. Everytime I tried to get close and help him it shook some more. I finally calmed it down by making calming noises and I pulled the fence apart as much as I could. I gave it a little push through and it seemed to be okay because it took off. When I looked at it I could see the untamed spirit in its eyes. It is a much different look than that of some of the people's eyes I look into. I hope I never forget that look.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lost Tortoise said...

Good to hear that your calming noises couldn't tame the unbridled spirit of that bunny.
Wild on, bunny, wild on!

6:03 AM

 
Blogger jacquez said...

I was like SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET!!!

11:01 AM

 
Blogger my little apartment said...

the end of this post sounds like the voice-over in Dances with Wolves when Kevin Costner writes in his journal.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger jacquez said...

I had a very nostalgic feeling that day. Getting ready to leave home and all.

11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home