"You should be a stripper...because you english is real good."

Friday, November 11, 2005

Damn What a Night

I have discovered that I do like LA. At least at night when all the fun stuff is going on. I don't think I could deal with traffic though, it makes San Diego seem like a circus act.

So anyway, I got to see D to the ean, Capitol Records, went to Amoeba(the hugest, most kick-ass record store on the west side), ate at the restaurant where they filmed the infamous diner scene from Swingers, and saw a rocked-the-fuck-out My Morning Jacket show. They were amazing as always and songs from the new album sounded terrific. I really like how they can take a song that is kind of chill on the album and make it into this complete rock anthem. I'm happy to say there are some people still out there rockin for all us crusty white desk job folks.

Now let's not forget that D-Burg had the hookup and we got to go backstage. I talked to Jim for only a moment, but he recognized me from way back in the day in Sexington. That was my first backstage experience. It was a little uncomfortable because of the whole "you make good music and I don't really know you as a person but I like you automatically" thing. But it was totally worth it. That's the news for now...having a party this weekend for the new apartment, and going surfing for the first time. Please wish me luck on both.

P.S. They are playing Union Jack on Groovesalad right now. They are sort of old school techno(I don't even know what techno niche to place them in), but will still take you to a nice transient state if listened to carefully.

1 Comments:

Blogger my little apartment said...

last night = fun city.
lets do it again sometime!!

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home