"You should be a stripper...because you english is real good."

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just Picked Up and Left

With the old server being down for so long and having so much to say (now being forgotten) I decided to make my home elsewhere. So here it is.

This is the first summer in a couple of years that I have spent in Lexington. In 2003 I was doing my college internship at Qualcomm in San Diego, and last year I was on a walking tour of the Appalachain Mountains. It is definetely more fun being elsewhere. I think I will have a lot of time this summer to work on my golf game, and to finally get some of the stuff done around my house that I have always wanted to do, like paint stuff, and build stuff, and stuff and stuff and stuff.

I think I am not alone when I say that this town has dried up for me. Sure I have a job and most of my family is here, but I need something more from life. I need adventure, and excitement, and escape. I know escape sounds weak, but I think it is necessary when you look around and see what our society is doing to itself. I want to get out of Kentucky and all of it's backwards ways. I thought once of moving to North Carolina with so many of my glorious peeps, but that is just farther into the abyss.

I need to pull up my roots and go west.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home